You may be eligible to represent our state in the national competition for the Miss Black USA 2018 Scholarship Pageant.
In celebrating the scholastic achievements, talents and beauty of our African American Women...
Qualifications are as follows:
• Must submit completed application with $40 registration fee and professional photo before December 1st 2010
• Must be a resident of the state of Oregon during year of pageant
• Must be between the ages of 17 and 27
• Must have at time of application a 2.5 grade point or higher
Prizes are as follows:
• Winner will receive: $2,000 College Scholarship, 1 Year Reign as our Spokesperson for the Pageant, Promotional & Endorsement Opportunities, Rose Bouquet, Personal Tiara w/ Case and Official Sash, Paid Airfare to Represent our State in the Miss Black USA National Competition, Promotional Opportunities in Your Community, and other consolation prizes.
• First Runner Up will receive: $1000 College Scholarship, 2 Tier Trophy, Flower Bouquet, Promotional Opportunities in Your Community, and other consolation prizes.
• Second Runner Up will receive: $500 College Scholarship, 2 Tier Trophy, Flower Bouquet, Official Pageant Plaque, Promotional Opportunities in Your Community and other consolation prizes.
• Third and Fourth Runner Up will receive: Special Gifts, 2 Tier Trophy, Flower Bouquet, Official Pageant Plaque, Promotional Opportunities in Your Community, and other consolation prizes.
• All competing contestants will receive: Participation in our "Intensive" Life Skills and Personal Development Program, Official Pageant Certificate, Promotional Opportunities in Your Community, and other consolation prizes.
• Special gifts & recognition will be given to the following: Academic Award Winner, Evening Gown Award Winner, & Miss Congeniality Award Winner.
Please note: We do not give cash prizes/scholarships; We award prize payment/scholarships directly to the institutions/colleges our winners attend for their continued education.
If you are selected to be a delegate by our pageant committee, an entry fee is required to compete.
The entry fee includes contestant’s hotel, lodging cost, meals and other expenses. Sponsors will you assist in securing participation fees and the Sponsors for each contestant will be featured in our Program Magazine.
For more info, please contact: Veronica Alberti – Pageant Director 971.409.8687
Click to Download Application:
Miss Black Oregon 2018 PDF Application
Miss Black Oregon 2018 * Word Doc Application
All of the Delegates in The Miss Black Oregon USA Scholarship Pageant receives Leadership and Community Service Training.
The participants of our ‘Program’ are immersed into 8 weeks of intensive Personal Development and Skills Building. We initiate their education with an All Day interactive “Peak Performance” Self Esteem and Motivation Seminar. The Delegates are tutored in Total Theater Performance, Acting/Drama, Choreographed Dance, and voice coaching. We provide Runway, Modeling, Makeup and Etiquette classes. All of the young women attend individually videotaped “Interview Skills” workshops. All contestants are integrated into our “Co-operative Economics” model and are engaged and assisted in fundamental business sales and community fundraising. We prepare our young women for life success and service to community and Nation.